CAA 2024 Call for Proposals
Chicago, IL, February 14—17, 2024 (Format details to be determined)
The CAA Annual Conference is the largest convening of art historians, artists, designers, curators, and visual arts professionals. Each year we offer sessions submitted by our members, committees, and affiliated societies; delivering a wide range of program content. Review more details about the program here.
SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS AND INSTRUCTIONS
- You will sign into the submission forms using your individual CAA member login credentials.
- If you have never been a member of CAA, you will be prompted to create an account with us, and may submit before officially joining/paying membership dues.
- Upon acceptance to the conference, non-member and lapsed member submitters must join within 90 days or be removed from the program.
- Submit title and abstract (250 words max.) for your session or presentation.
- Submit shortened CVs for session chairs, discussants, and for individual presentation submissions.
- Complete Session submitter must enter information for all session participants; presentation titles, session and paper abstracts (250 words max.), chair and discussant CVs. Submitters can search by name or e-mail to add participants to their sessions. Please note that participants must have a member record with us; those who do not will need to create an account.
- Select the five CAA Fields of Study that best represent your proposal. The first five selected will be used to filter submissions during the review process, and are later searchable in the conference schedule, see example from CAA 2023. Review list as pdf at this link.
- List any possible scheduling conflicts.
- [Optional] Submit images with your session or presentation proposal to complement your abstract. You may include up to 5 images in jpeg format, no larger than 10 MB.
- [Optional] Select Content Threads. These selected indexes will be visible in the CAA 2024 conference schedule in addition to Fields of Study (see example from 2023).
- Check out Proposals FAQ page for answers to further questions.
PROPOSAL SUBMISSION INFORMATION
- Submissions may be initiated and edited during multiple visits to the submission portal before the deadline.
- Note: if accepted, your session abstract will be transferred as submitted to the conference program, abstract pdf, and conference schedule.
- Review the conference participation rules here.
Please be sure to confirm dates regularly as they may shift, thank you for your understanding. This list is up to date as of March 4, 2022.
- March 15: Call for Proposals period begins; submissions portal opens.
- April 25: Call for Proposals period ends; submissions portal closes at 11:59 p.m. ET.
- May—June:: Submissions review by Council of Readers (CoR) and Annual Conference Committee (ACC).
- Late July: Submitters notified of acceptance or rejection.
- Late July—Late August: Call for Participation opens; chairs of accepted sessions soliciting contributors accept presentation proposals directly from submitters.
- September 14: Deadline for chairs of sessions soliciting contributors to make their decisions, directly notify their accepted presenters, and add to session entry.
- December 7: Accommodation requests for in-person and/or online presenter access sent to CAA (email@example.com).
- February 14—17, 2024: CAA 2024 Annual Conference [Format details forthcoming]
Please check back regularly for updates, in case there are changes to the schedule